Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help malware issues snapdo hijacked my browser

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Luciachan

Luciachan

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

I know I have a few issues on this laptop, but my main concern is snapdo hijacked my browser, everytime i run chrome it opens snapdo instead even the icon on my taskbar shows a magnifying glass instead of the chrome logo. It can not be removed from control panel, it says it was removed but it's still there. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blind Faith

Blind Faith

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

Hello and welcome to BleepingComputer! 

I am Elle and I will be helping you out with your problem. Firstly, you should know that we are working with specific tools which are used to identify the possible threats present on your system and only on your system so further advising anyone to follow the steps we used is out of discussion.

As a start we need to have some more up-to-date logs than the ones you have already provided. The current state of the files on your system might have changed so we need to get a clear look on that aspect. 
DO NOT change anything on your PC without my consent while we are working on your case as you might damage more than what you might have fixed.

If you will encounter a delay of over 2 days on my side, please do not hesitate and private message me (link in the signature). 
Do not forget to check your topic periodically and subscribe to it so that you can receive notifications regarding my replies.

========================================================================================================
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Right-click FRST then click "Run as administrator" (XP users: click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.
Note 2: The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory the tool was run from). Please also paste that, along with the FRST.txt into your next reply.

Thank you very much for your patience. 

Regards,

Elle

Edited by Blind Faith, 16 August 2014 - 10:29 PM.

Can you hear it?It's all around!

Tomar ki manè acchè?
Yadi thakè, tahalè
Ki kshama kartè paro
?

If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM.

Posted Image

#3 Blind Faith

Blind Faith

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,101 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

Hello,

Do you still need help? Please let me know.

Elle 

Tomar ki manè acchè?
Yadi thakè, tahalè
Ki kshama kartè paro
?

Posted Image

#4 Blind Faith

Blind Faith

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,101 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

Tomar ki manè acchè?
Yadi thakè, tahalè
Ki kshama kartè paro
?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users