Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Registry

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jm93

jm93

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

Im terrible with these things and i already know im going to get eyes rolled at this post. Basically im looking for a way to restore my registry to factory settings. Ive searched around and havent found one link thats helpful. I know just by reading thru my registry that i have wayy too many entries considering i just did a fresh install. Just looking for any feedback. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

You cannot restore the registry to "factory settings" without a Windows Reinstall or restoring an image of your drive (which I'm assuming you did not create when you first got the system). If you want  to return your system to "as shipped" state you can use the restore partition (if there is one) or format and reinstall Windows.

Having said that, why don't you tell us what the problem is that you're trying to address?

Edited by Allan, 12 August 2014 - 04:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users