Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Keeps Restarting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 computer novice girl

computer novice girl

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:39 AM

Hi Guys,

My laptop keeps restarting, when I put it on - I get the screen informing me

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this."

It then asks me if I want to start the computer in

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last known good configuration

Start windows normally

But no matter what a choose I manage to get to the Windows XP connecting icon (starting screen) and then a blue screen flashes and the computer restarts again...the whole process repeating...

If anyone has any information on how to fix this then please let me know.

Appreciate any help...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 08:59 AM

We need to stop the computer from continuously rebooting when the stop screen comes up (The BSOD)

Boot into safe mode.
Restart your computer
Repeatedly tap the F8 key as soon as your computer begins booting (before Windows tries to start)
Choose Safe Mode when prompted
Once in Safe Mode

Click
Start > right click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery Settings

Uncheck Automatically Restart. Click OK.

Your computer will stop on the blue screens when they occur.
~~~~~~~~~~

Blue screens are called 'Blue Screens of Death' (or BSODs) by users, and 'Stop Messages' by Microsoft.

We need to know the exact message you see when you get the blue screen, the set of numbers and letters that appear about half the way down on the page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users