Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

recovering files from hard drive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 lcox

lcox

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

Hi
Please could someone help. I have a toshiba laptop satellite windows 7 64 bit os. The hard drive has crashed and have been trying to save files off it by enclosing it and plugging it in usb port to another laptop. The files have been showing up excepts for the microsoft outlook files and backup files are not showing I cannot see them anywhere. The only file I can see is outlookbackup.pst which I cannot open. Really need the back up email files as they are for work.

Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 12 August 2014 - 11:27 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Frozwire

Frozwire

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:53 PM

Have you done a full search/scan of that drive for Outlook folders and *.pst files?

"Encryption...is a powerful defensive weapon for free people. It offers a technical guarantee of privacy, regardless of who is running the government... It's hard to think of a more powerful, less dangerous tool for liberty...” - Esther Dyson

#3 YourFriend

YourFriend

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:06 PM

If you have deleted your files, you can recover them by using this free tool called Recuva.

Edited by YourFriend, 12 August 2014 - 11:07 PM.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

lcox, you have posted about the same issue 3 times. Please do not start multiple topics about the same issue. Doing so will cause confusion for you, those trying to help you and can hinder the help process.

Please keep all discussion about your issue in your topic here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544394/window-hp-crashed-on-toshiba-satellite-laptop/

This one is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users