Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP auto start with power on.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bodders

Bodders

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

Hello Everyone.

I work on a variety of CNC ( Computerized Numerical Control) production machines.

I have a Windows PC based CNC machine which has Windows XP running as the platform.

Originally when the main power was switched on to the CNC machine the PC automatically started to boot up.

No changes have been made to my knowledge but now the PC has to be started separately! This may not sound like a big problem but accessing it in the control panel of the machine every day is a bit of a bind.

Is there a setting in Windows XP which will automatically boot the computer when mains power is applied to the CNC machine?

I would be grateful of any help.

Many Thanks :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

I would think...that a conversation is in order with whomever initially set the NC devices up...I would not assume that you can treat those kinds of tools...like some of us treat our PCs :).

Louis

#3 Bodders

Bodders
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

Hi Louis.

Thanks for reply but the manufacturer is not very helpful, and wants to send an engineer from Germany. Its not that important to warrant that cost but more of an inconvenience!!

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

Is the CNC machine connected to XP via Ethernet? Right click the Network Adapter in Device Manager, Select the Power Management tab. Make sure "Allow this device to wake the computer" is checked. If it is checked uncheck it and press apply then recheck and apply again. Make sure Wake on LAN is also enabled in BIOS.

image20.png

#5 Bodders

Bodders
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

Hi John.

That looks like the answer.

I'm off until next week but I will let you know how I get on.

Many Thanks

Alan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users