Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

priacecahop extension that won't go away

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 khurui

khurui

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:44 AM

recently, my google chrome has been experiencing problems that i've traced to a "priacecahop" extension. everytime i delete the extension, it somehow ends up coming back. i've check my programs in control panel, but there is nothing that i recently downloaded that is causing this "priacecahop." i've googled priacecahop and came up with no results. please help! thanks!Attached File  shit.png   12.26KB   0 downloads

Edited by hamluis, 12 August 2014 - 09:03 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

Hi khurui and Welcome

It seems the spelling is incorrect (not your fault I looked at your attached png) whether this was done to avoid searches I don't know,but if you search

Price chop (pri a cec a hop Thay have added 2 A's) you will find lots of results that seem to relate to your problem

Good luck

Hedge   

#3 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

@hamuluis

sorry I was typing when you moved this ((I don't usually reply in this forum) best left to the more knowledgeable)

Hedge

#4 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

Navigate through this path in the screenshot.Is there anything after 3.9?Try delete this gdfgrfgrsggthjhtjjkhgj in Recycle bin.

Thank you!

#5 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

Keep it there.I want to see if delete is possible and will appear again in Chrome after that.

#6 khurui

khurui
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

thank you! i will search pricechop and try to solve it.

#7 khurui

khurui
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

The search results all seem to instruct me to either remove the extension from my browser (which only caused it to return after I restarted chrome again) or uninstall the program from my control panel (but there is no program related to pricechop). What should I do next? I am currently running Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal tool. thanks for your time!

#8 khurui

khurui
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

Keep it there.I want to see if delete is possible and will appear again in Chrome after that.

i traced it to 3.9 and there are a few files in the 3.9 computer. i deleted the niepibbphojehmleehkekpkdfmjghgnl folder and the pricechop extension is now gone! thank you very much for your help! i believe it has been solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users