Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Age of Empires Red Grass Syndrome

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sceadugenga

sceadugenga

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:56 AM

People still playing these games will know what I'm talking about, they were designed for Windows XP and in Win 7  there's a graphics fault that messes up the colours,

I used the "play in windows basic with screen resolution open" fix for quite a while and it worked ok but then just went into complete fail.

Anyone got any new fixes?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:21 AM

Hi,

I believe the mod "forgotten empires" fixes this.  I think the HD-edition is also patched to work with newer OS.

regards

myrti

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 sceadugenga

sceadugenga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:56 PM

Thanks, I looked at that a while back and did some downloads but it was a bit too complicated.

Meanwhile, my "fix" has started working again.

It annoys me because I like to think that there's a logical reason behind everything with computers, but there's been no changes to my PC that either caused it to fail or start working again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users