Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Right Processor to Buy?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Glass

Mr.Glass

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:44 AM

Hello everyone,

I have had my custom built tower for quite sometime now (6 years) and I am now looking to upgrade a few things, such as the Processor, Motherboard, RAM, and possibly even the graphics card. I know its like buying a new computer. 

At the moment here are my PC specs:

Processor - Intel i5 750 (overclocked)

RAM - 2x 4gig Vengeance 

Motherboard - GIGABYTE P55M-UD2

Graphics Card - Radeon 7870 HD

Hard drive - 1 Terabyte (1TB) SATA/600 Seagate

PowerSupply - 750w 

OS -  Windows 8 32-bit

4x Fans

My price range at the moment is roughly 300-600 USD. Also the stuff I typeically use my computer for are games such as CS:GO, Skyrim, Watchdogs, Battlefield and much much more. On top of that I like to typically stream the games that I play on Twitch.TV. I also use lots of Graphic programs such as PhotoShop, Cinema 4D, After Affects, and Sony Vegas Pro. So if someone can please help me out since I'm not much of a computer guy that would be awesome!                       

Respectfully,

Mr.Glass

Edited by hamluis, 12 August 2014 - 07:32 AM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to System Building/Upgrading - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:24 AM

Hi Mr.Glass and :welcome:

Why are you using 32bit OS Windows?What is the situation in Control Panel->System.Window where is the rating of performance.

What is written about RAM.I think it recognizes only 4 gigabytes.

To feel the difference you have to buy almost top videocard and the budget may be not enough.Еquivalent of 7970 or better.

What is the case and PSU model and brand?

Thank you!

Edited by Alex&Vanko, 12 August 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#3 Mr.Glass

Mr.Glass
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

Hi Mr.Glass and :welcome:

Why are you using 32bit OS Windows?What is the situation in Control Panel->System.Window where is the rating of performance.

What is written aboit RAM.I think it recognizes only 4 gigabytes.

To feel the difference you have to buy almost top videocard and the budget may be not enough.Еquivalent of 7970 or better.

What is the case and PSU model and brand?

Thank you!

I am actually working on getting the new OS shortly if not within the next week. But as for the case and PSU, I have a Cooler Master CM 690 Case and the model to the PSU is a OCZ700MXSP and the brand is OCZ Technology.

Oh and thanks for replying.

Edited by Mr.Glass, 12 August 2014 - 07:51 AM.

#4 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:05 AM

Good ones.Sorry and the RAM.It is Corsair but model?

#5 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

We may see it using HWINFO - http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

Download 32 bit version and install or use portable.Start the program and from main Window the bigger one it is shown.

Thank you!

#6 Mr.Glass

Mr.Glass
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

We may see it using HWINFO - http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

Download 32 bit version and install or use portable.Start the program and from main Window the bigger one it is shown.

Thank you!

Hey dude, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I was at work, but good news is is that I just ran the program. Here a download link to my HTM File

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zgkpecgonjepspw/JACOBS-PC.HTM

#7 The Gyro39

The Gyro39

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:36 AM

Intel processors are too pricey for for me but I'm digging my AMD FX-8320 8 core processor which runs at 3.5 Ghz stock. Only gripe is the heatsink,it's quite a PITA when installing it because of the latches. Other than that it's a pretty solid CPU. Also I have a Gigabyte 970A-UD3P which is really nice. I can't speak for video cards since I seem to be having issues with mine, either that or every single display driver for AMD is corrupt lol. Good luck with your new build

#8 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:48 AM

I suggest using Speccy to get us the hardware information, Dropbox requires a sign-in to view your file.

Watch Dogs is a very demanding title, most of your budget will be going towards the GPU if you are wanting to play games at high quality settings.  You may also want to up your budget a little bit, a $600 gaming PC is certainly doable, but given the GPU you will probably need to have, you could go past it.  The good news is you can reuse a number of components from your current PC, such as your case, optical drive, RAM, hard drive, and power supply.

I suggest the GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3P motherboard and AMD FX-8350 CPU.  If you replace the motherboard, you will need to rebuy a copy of Windows to comply with the license, unless you already have a full, boxed, retail copy, in which case, you can move the license, otherwise, you will need a copy of Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM.  After these purchases, a $600 budget has about $230 remaining.

For the remaining money, you can get the ASUS DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB.  It is a little more powerful than what you have now and should be in your budget.  If you're willing to spend about $30 more, the SAPPHIRE 100363-3L Radeon R9 280X 3GB is even more powerful.  You could get the EVGA SuperClocked w/ ACX Cooling 02G-P4-2774-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 770 but your budget would need to be $700 instead of $600.

3939.png

#9 Mr.Glass

Mr.Glass
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

There is a new link to the download - https://www.mediafire.com/?n87ndy4jaj1qg9a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users