Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovering inactive partition

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MrDuabi

MrDuabi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:34 AM

Hello there,

Recently my younger brother some how recover/ do a clean install of Windows on my desktop, Although he claimed that only the SSD which content the Windows file is wiped out, but there is still one missing partition which is not show up in My Computer. 

Originally it should be like this 

Intel 75gb SSD  
- C drive (Windows)
- D Drive - System Reserved

WD - 500hb HDD -
- E Drive - Programs 
- F Drive - Multimedia 

WD - 1TB HDD
- G Drive (Empty)

Now,other than the change in alphabet for each partition, i loss one partition which should be the "E drive - Programs" Check the screen shoot below

XNQQPVr.png
As you can see, my Disk2 having a partition of  "Multimedia E - 465.76GB"  but as shown on top, the partition has only 232.88GB of capacity.  The screenshot below is taken from the EASE US DATA Recovery 

GmZZYux.png

My questions is, is there any possible for me to recover the missing partition and its data?  

Best wishes 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,019 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

Hello and welcome,

I noticed that the Easeus scan shows 2 E: partitions. Select on of them and do a scan. If you do not see your programs, select the other. One of these may be your programs partition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users