Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thinking about starting a web server

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 backslash

backslash

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

I am thinking about starting a web server with outdated hardware running CentOS minimal server. Now i know a bit about this my main problem is while the fact that the hardware is dated will it be able to handle the work load(see bottom of post for spec's) also I was thinking it should be a mail server as well I'm not 100% on the ports i would need to open and have forwarded to do this. I am looking for any information on these things. Gonna be writing a firewall for it just wanting to get the core idea covered before moving it into production. All your opinions and idea's are welcome:) thanks in advance!

basic spec's

pentium 4 3.00 Ghz

1 GB ram

200 GB hard drive

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users