Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Work at Home

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

Hey guys, I am not able to work and wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this type of employment?

I have a computer and internet connection-for now-and would like to put it to work.  I really don't have any data entry experience and don't know if I would good at it.  I am just having terrible health issues and need some income.  I did look into one online but did some research on the company and they were not paying everyone properly.  Some were being payed but some weren't and to get payed it takes a bit of time.

The other issue is they seem to always want you bank account info to set up payment.  

I guess this is the price to pay for such a thing, and I could, if I had any money, start an account for just this.

I have no other good questions but just hope that someone has had some good experience with this.  I am seeing many companies offering this online through my employment search engines like Monster, Indeed, Snagajob, Craigslist etc.  

Feel free to PM me if needed, I would appreciate the help.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Who?

Who?

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:51 AM

you could get your computer to bitcoin mine and then go watch tv

work? yes

money? yes-+

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

Your machine is worthless for digital currency mining, that is not a viable option.

If you have a little tech savvy and are able to write copy there is money to be made in affiliate marketing, which can be done from home on any PC. It takes time to get good at it, but there are lots of people earning 6 figure incomes doing it who had no previous experience a few years ago. Just Google it.... "affiliate marketing"

TsVk!

#4 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,612 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

Your machine is worthless for digital currency mining, that is not a viable option.

If you have a little tech savvy and are able to write copy there is money to be made in affiliate marketing, which can be done from home on any PC. It takes time to get good at it, but there are lots of people earning 6 figure incomes doing it who had no previous experience a few years ago. Just Google it.... "affiliate marketing"

TsVk!

Ooo, thanks I will look into it!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#5 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,998 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

Keep me informed of any positive progress.....I may want to hop on the wagon. 

Generally speaking though, unless you know 100% that the company is legit, and have done your homework, don't provide bank account details to anyone. Even in the event that you provide one, open one specially for this & do not link that account with your regular one. Keep the bare minimum in the account & use that one for your venture. 

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:35 PM

There are affiliate marketing management sites which, for a fee, list jobs and collect commissions... They are searchable and very worthwhile. Many professionals use them. Clickbank is one example, but there are loads of them.

Saves having to give out your bank details to unknowns also.

#7 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,998 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:33 AM

Yes, I'm leery of anyone who wants my back account details, one reason why I prefer PayPal for small transactions. 

Surely I wouldn't want to provide it to the unknown. No matter the opportunity, there's always going to be swindlers involved for their cut of the money. I say to stay away from these types for your protection. 

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#8 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,612 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:30 AM

Thanks guys, haven't had time to look into this have not been feeling good lately, money would help! lol

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#9 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,998 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:55 PM

There's nothing wrong with that, wanting to make some extra cash. It's a matter of the source, if among the first things wanted is a bank account, watch out. 

Even during the employment application process, after you're selected for interview, pass physical, forms for tax deductions & direct deposit for payroll (many companies have gone this route) are among the last things to fill out. 

In an ideal situation, you should be prescreened for your qualifications before payment information is asked for. I haven't applied for anything like this, though I was interested in creating my own website to allow for Google Ads (this pays too, by click for pay). The ads you see on sites, that's how it works. Unfortunately, some ads are bogus & spyware/malware is awaiting your click. 

Good sites will screen these out, but nothing is 100% guaranteed. 

The reasons I backed out, is that first, the TOS (Terms of Service) of my ISP are residential use only. This would knock out the creation of a forum. Maybe a blog would be permitted, but it would have to be good to attract viewers (& any ads). 

The second reason, is that I'm disabled & am required to report earnings. Not any work that I perform pro-bono (free of charge), but any that I'm compensated for. Gifts that I may receive down the road, in the form of "hey, I got a new laptop & am giving you my three year old one", or anything else where someone purchased something new & gave me their old, aren't considered earnings. 

This is why I cannot have a site with click for pay ads. Dimes adds to to dollars. If an actual purchase is made, there's a higher commission involved. This is also a possibility for you, provided you're not in the process of a disability application, or receiving benefits. You can even direct solicit businesses to post ads on your site at no charge to them & you get paid only for Trial downloads & sales. The bonus to the retailer.....100% Free Advertising, unless someone clicks, and the retailer can offer a discount based on the free advertising alone. It costs lots of up front cash to advertise in publications & on TV....none on your site. 

And the really cool thing, if a certain retailer is getting a lot of clicks from your site, enough to make a positive impact on their bottom line, you're in a position to bargain for higher commissions. They can say no....& risk losing all of that business, or an agreement can be worked out. You can sweeten the deal by doing regular articles (or reviews) of their products & regardless of whether or not you like the product (or even believe it's rubbish), create positive reviews of their offerings & tell your viewers "why" this product is great & "why" they should choose it (but don't overdo it). Of course, do your research & compare it to obvious inferior offerings. 

Case in point: Many tech forums strongly advise against the use of registry cleaners. However many has ads on the site promoting them at discounts (though I haven't seen these offers here, I have on other tech forums). 

Of course, for your reviews for products on your site to be credible, a name other than yours needs to be on the review. A friend, relative with a different last name, anyone but yours. 

Being that you're using whatever connection you can get your hands on, this may be a no cost option for you. However, just like with affiliate marketing, don't expect to get rich overnight. It takes dedicated work to create a site, to attract viewers, and to get companies to place no cost ads on your site. Some lesser rated companies may be more willing than a top notch one, whom wants to be careful of their reputation. 

I once had a friend in Australia that had a blog loaded with ads for all sorts of products & services, you name it, he had it. Unfortunately, we've lost contact & I don't have the link to the site, plus it would be seen as spam on this forum. But the main page to the blog, was covered from wall to wall with ads. He covers a lot about Microsoft & the tech industry in the blogs & actually has an award with the corporation. It's been awhile since we've connected though. 

Anyway, the money is out there, you just have to find it. 

Cat

#10 nickautomatic

nickautomatic

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

Try ODESK.com. I earned $45 a week.

#11 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,998 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:50 PM

Looks interesting........seen the site in the past, but felt it was too good to be true. 

Of course, it does look to be a site to get a freelancer "in the door", which may lead to non-3rd party work down the road by one with outstanding skills. Or for college students needing extra cash to make it. This line of work obviously isn't for everyone, a little extra education helps. 

Cat

#12 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,612 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:31 PM

nickautomatic

Thanks!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh