Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sfc /scannow: restore missing files .man, .aspx, .resx

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eusebio

eusebio

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

Good evening to everybody,

I'm writing from Italy, in a poor English.  I'm sorry.

I failed the installation of Malware Bytes Anti Malware in my HP notebook with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1.

Then I ran sfc /scannow to chek the integrity of System files.

Sfc couldn't repair some missing files: Application_Experience-Infrastructure-DL.man, Application-Experience-Program-Compatibility-Assistant-Replacement.man, WebAdminHelp_Application.aspx.it.resx, WebAdminHelp_Application.aspx, WebAdminHelp_Application.aspx.resx.

I've red that these missing files could be the cause of my installation failure.

Sfc didn't ask me to put the installation disc of Windows 7 (I've got it, downloaded from Digital River site).

I can't restore a System Configuration Point because I haven't one better than the actual one.

I haven't any WindowsImageBackup to restore, my fault.

So, I'd like to ask to everybody can help me:

1. does it exist a tool that could automatically restore these missing files?
  2. can I restore them manually? The problem is, I've seen, that each of these files is located in so many folders and it's not easy to know how many they are and where they are. I've checked an other Operative System like mine and I've seen a lot of each of these files. That's quite difficult for my little knowledges. Thank you for your help. Best regards, Roberto

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

I know you mentioned that Malware Bytes Anti Malware failed to install but I'd like to focus on Win7

Is Win7 the original OS on your computer?

If not, did you run the Wi7 Upgrade Compatibility to see if there would be issues to upgrade to Win7?

Have been running Win7 for some time without any issues?

Create a Win7 SP1 32-bit or 64-bit (whichever you have) system repair disc on someone else's computer

You should be able to use it to repair or reset your Win7 OS

Make sure you know the 25 character product id before you start just in case you end up needing it

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:17 PM

Following may be what you want to do...please read through the entire webpage before proceeding.

Repair Install - Windows 7 Forums - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html  

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users