Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox V Other Browsers

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Firefox, IE and other browsers (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Firefox V IE which one do you use?

1. IE (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. Firefox (11 votes [78.57%])

Percentage of vote: 78.57%

3. Opera (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Netscape (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. other (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 wog

wog

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:28 PM

Vote for wich one you use!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:12 AM

I do not have a problem with IE, but I was curious about FireFox so I tried it. That was a year ago. Now except for Window's updates all I use is FireFox.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:23 PM

GO FIREFOX GO!!!!! :thumbsup: Safest, fastest, most elegant, customizable, and divine web browser that exists today! :flowers:
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

#4 ambellina

ambellina

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:49 PM

firefox, of course :thumbsup:

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:54 PM

Firefox....and now I have hardly any spyware!

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2006 - 01:48 PM

What if you don't use, just one?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 01:53 PM

I didn't vote because you didn't have an "all the above" option. I use all the browsers mentioned. IE for updates, and the sites that render in IE only such as most of the US Government sites I visit. I use Firefox for most recrational browsing or just for a change of pace. Opera is my default browser and is the mainstay. I also use Avant when I need an IE engine and tabbed browsing. I also use Slimbrowser. I am also toying with Netscape. So it depends on what task and what mood I'm in as to which browser I use. I may have more than one open at a time if necessary. Choices in browsers is good. It is not a one size fits all world when it comes to browsers. I also check out other browsers as I stumble on them too so, check back in a few months and I may have more. :thumbsup:

Be (Whatever works for you) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2006 - 02:52 PM

Wow... that's a crazy amount of browsers. I've toyed around with Opera, but decided that Firefox is all the way for me.
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

#9 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:09 PM

I use Ff interchangeably with the MozillaSuite.
I use Opera on occasion, as well as IE (only when FORCED to).
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#10 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:15 PM

I got opera or had it and did not like it. Firefox 2.0 is going to be a lot better than the versions out now.

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2006 - 04:22 PM

The main reason I don't care that much for Firefox is that when Firefox needs an update many of the extensions don't work until they are updated by a third party. That sometimes took weeks. That was a big turn off for me. Opera fills the bill for a browser that works as is, for me.

Be (Browser always works, even after update) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#12 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:05 PM

Firefox :thumbsup:, have got the Opera ,just dont like it...but would use it any day
over Exploder, have also used Netscape a few (4?)years back.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#13 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:19 AM

Hello,

Firefox set as default. But, I have to have all the others as well, if I want my web pages to be cross-browser friendly. I only use FF for normal web browsing, and as most others do, I use IE for updates.

The main reason I don't care that much for Firefox is that when Firefox needs an update many of the extensions don't work until they are updated by a third party.

Just curious Animal, what was the last version of Firefox you used? I ask because I have currently 63 extensions installed and operational, and after yesterdays update of Firefox, every single one of them still works. I havn't had a problem personally with this matter since before version 1.0.

Also, almost all of the extensions have version compatability listed in their descriptions.

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users