Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why do posts show 0 views when they actually have replies?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zukertort

zukertort

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:22 AM

Hi,

I recently made a post in the technical help forum and got some replies. But whenever I look at the forum index, my thread is listed as have 0 views (and obviously no replies). Why is this?

This also means that my thread (where I am still trying to get some help) has been pushed down to the 3rd or 4th page of the index.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:49 AM

When a thread is moved to a more appropriate forum by a Moderator, the thread in the old forum will show only 0 replies. But the thread in the new forum should show the correct number of replies.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:00 AM

ElfBane is correct.
You originally posted in Windows 7. Your post was moved to Am I Infected.

Clicking the topic link in Windows 7 opens up the topic and if you look at the top of the page it indicates it is in AII.

This is the topic title in Windows 7. The circled red arrow shows that it has been moved.

bc-moved-post.png

When a topic is moved the moderator will leave an edit to let you know it was moved from where ever it was originally post at. hamluis moved the topic on August 7 and left a moderator edit.

As for it being pushed down the list, that is not a issue because dc3 is following the topic and will be notified that you replied. He will see the notification and respond.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 August 2014 - 09:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users