Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Delete a Folder in my USB PenDrive

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mikchaos

mikchaos

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:08 PM

I have this usb that has a 4GB capacity storage. it has two folders on it taking up 3GB space

when i try to delete it it saying the file is not located anymore in usb but it's still there.

so far i tried the cmd clean up still won't work....

when i delete it it says

item not found

could not find this item

this is no longer located in F:\visual studio 2010 ultimate. verify the item's location and try again.

then the next time i check the usb drive on my mycomputer its all blank unlike i plug it on the 1st place it show up

the capacity my total drive and my free capacity but after i attemp delete any of the folder its gone.

i check my disk management and its there healthy but somethings i changes to unlocated how can i clean back my usb drive

the last thing before this one happened is my stupid IT admin friend do something on it then after that this happened. it's like he did something on my usb drive. bully stuff.

please i need help

Attached File  1.png   104.88KB   0 downloads, Attached File  2.png   49.84KB   0 downloadsAttached File  3.png   111.75KB   0 downloadsAttached File  4.png   314.81KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:26 PM

Format it? If you want to keep the valid folder, copy it off, format the flash drive then copy it back. If it also won't format, it's probably gone faulty.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 mikchaos

mikchaos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

it won't let me format.. :( but i can open the flash drive i can browse the folder whats inside it.. but when trying to delete / format / saving a file..

this one happen once and he fixed it after he fixed it i can format it delete save files but then again after that he did something and now it's the same as it was before again.. he wouldn't even though me how he did it

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,200 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:44 AM

Does the flash drive behave the same on other computers or just on yours?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 mikchaos

mikchaos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:09 AM

It behaves same on every computer but i notice 1 time he do something on my drive d: created a folder with no name on it that i tried to delete the folder it won't let me. no matter how i do change the name or even make a copy or transfer it to another it won't let me.. it's like that folder is lock to that path and if i tried to reformat the drive it won't go thru i mean all the files got delete but it will show an error when it comes to deleting that folder so then the process of formatting the drive is cancel just because of that folder. is there something he do because he's an administrator? and i'm just a user?

and to think of it i'm not the only victim here most also are my office mate in my case he already done this in two of my flash drive and it give a heck of a problem to us employee working with a retarded administrator who keeps on destroying any flash drive we have for security purpose.

Edited by mikchaos, 11 August 2014 - 01:12 AM.

#6 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,883 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:30 AM

If you want to format that drive use Gparted Live to delete the partition on the USB drive then create a new 1.

WARNING, Using Gparted live to delete a partition WILL destroy ALL the data on the USB It is a good idea to unplug any Hard Drives from the PC so you do not delete the wrong thing.

USE THIS METHOD AT OWN RISK.

• GParted is a free partition editor for graphically managing your disk partitions.

With GParted you can resize, copy, and move partitions without data loss

• Perform actions with partitions such as:
    • create or delete
Download

Download the ISO, Burn the ISO to DVD boot your PC from DVD.

http://youtu.be/YAP82RvG0qE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users