Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hd Dvd's

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: will you Stick to normal DVD's Or use HD DVD's? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

will you Stick to normal DVD's Or use HD DVD's?

1. Ill stik to normal DVD's (6 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. Ill Use HD DVD's (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 wog

wog

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:19 PM

will you buy HD DVD's? i dont think they are going to get very popular. i thnk many people will stick to normal DVD's. what do u think?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 01:51 AM

Blue Ray is already in stores now, and the technology like all previous types will become more affordable as time goes by, but let's get to the main point here...your normal DVD has a capacity of 4.7GB, where Blue Ray has a capacity of 25GB. Which would you want to have to back up a 200GB hdd?

This isn't going to be a flash in the pan, it's going to be here for a while, at least until Holographic DVD technology becomes available, this will provide a DVD with a capacity of 1.6 Terabytes. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 wog

wog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 05:10 AM

but who will want to pay $50 for one HD DVD?

Edited by wog, 03 June 2006 - 05:10 AM.

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:17 AM

I would pay 25 for a used Blu-ray dvd. I would not pay 50 bucks for a dvd. I dont think its worth it. I will stick to normal dvds for now. All those copyright mess on the new ones are going to ruin them.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:20 AM

I'm guessing here since you didn't specify, but if you're referring to the HD-DVD media, yes it will be little pricey when is first comes out...it all is.

btw...it is expensive, but not $50., TDK has a Blue-ray disc in a jewel case for $19.99. The Price will go down soon, remember how lightscribe media was when it first came out?

http://www.supermediastore.com/blue-ray-bl...a-recorder.html

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:08 PM

Right now, i'm sticking to Dvd's. I don't have an HDTV, and probably won't for quite some time. I'm strapped for cash as it is, and have a hard time RENTING games and movies, lol.

#7 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:56 PM

What HM said. Although, renting isn't a big problem for me; actually WATCHING what I rent has proven the most difficult. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users