Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Terrible download speeds with ok upload wired and wireless

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 asp9465

asp9465

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

Good evening,

Starting on Tuesday of this past week, my wife and I started to notice a decline in our internet quality. We are on the 20up/2down plan from Time Warner Cable but the speeds have dropped to an unusable level. My most recent speedtest.com result provided the following result when on wireless (results nearly identical when wired):

0.22 Down

1.59 Up

42ms ping

The figures are a bit different at pingtest.net

0% packet loss

92ms ping

52ms jitter

My Xbox One (which is hard wired as well) provides the following :

0.33 Down 

2.11 Up

5% packet loss

107ms

In addition to performing these tests I have additionally done the following steps to correct the issue:

1. Check and interchange the coax cable and took the splitter out of the line

2. Tried every channel on the router

3. Setup the router in at every cable jack in every room of the house

4. Taken every electronic device (except one laptop) off the connection.

5. Completed the flushdsn command 

6. Cleared the cache on all internet browsers

7. Replaced the router (was provided a new router by TWC) - Ubee DVW3201 

Nothing that I have done has helped improve the quality of the connection to anywhere near proper levels. Please let me know if there are any additional step that I can take to improve this connection. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TonyinTexas

TonyinTexas

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:54 PM

Looking for an answer on this too. I am also on TWC in South Texas. I have been seeing poor download results over past two weeks. Use Piriform CCleaner free vesion to dump temp files.  Checking internet connection speed on Turbo Plan  (30 Mbps)  I am getting 31.5  on DL and 2.5 on UL speed.

During an impatient  moment I stopped the page uploading by clicking X  on addy bar and then clicked the refresh arrow that replaces the X stop icon. When I clicked refresh  the page requested popped up in 2 seconds.  I tried this witth other pages with same quick download success on Stop-Refresh  action. 

OS:  XP home HD  70 GB  23% free connected external drive 500GB Seagate  85% free RAM 2GB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users