Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"You may have been a victim of counterfeitting" Windows XP Genuine problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

My Windows XP emachines computer I had XP on for a while no problems whatsoever, after a restart after an RPC Service termination and a shutdown by NT/ Authority + countdown timer, it reboot. it gives me a message that my Windows XP is no longer genuine! has has been for two years! now that message! how do I fix. my XP serial reenter makes no difference :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

35 views and nobody? why you view if you're not gonna answer? very pointless :(

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

35 views and nobody? why you view if you're not gonna answer? very pointless

A lot of people look at a topic to see what the problem description is and then move on because they do not feel they can make a positive suggestion. Very few of us know the answers to everything - and I don't trust that person !

I think the simplest thing for you to do is to give MS a ring, you should find a local free phone number if you google for it, and get them to sort it out.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 sdfox 7

sdfox 7

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:42 PM

Activation is still available online for XP, but I don't know if Microsoft would help you over the phone since support has ended and they are not under obligation to help you.

Simply, you can click the Start button, then Run, and type %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a

This will allow you to re-enter your product key on your machine sticker and reactivate it. Otherwise you'll most have to purchase a new license.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users