Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All Sorts Of Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Immediate

Immediate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:00 PM

ok first of all. i come to my computer and i see one of those fake "click hear to remove potential spyware" things that is actually malware itself. i ignored cuz i am smarter than that and i instead ran norton internet security. it told me it had removed a spy ware called "spyquake" but immediately after i dismissed the dialogue box i got a message saying that spyquake had been installed. i went to my start menu and sure enough "new programs installed" it was spyquake. i went to add/remove and removed it from there, and ran norton again. and again it said it removed it. then i tried my internet explorer and no response. nothing happened but my task manager displayed that internet explorer was running, but i couldnt see it anywhere. soon my task manager became disabled as well "by administrator." and the "shared" folder for limewire is full of about 700 things i never downloaded. they are things like cracks and patches for games and such, and i cant delete them because they're "in use." it was only in the past hour i discovered that netscape navigator was unharmed by all of this, and this is where i say HELP!!!!!!!!! i do not think that is is spyware quake but just spyquake. please respond quickly because i take this laptop to college on sunday!!!

EDIT
ok i think i have found the file that caused the fake warning at the beginning. it is called "atmclk.exe" i tried to delete it but it wont work. ewido found it and cannot heal it or remove it. i still need help to get back my internet explorer and task manager!!!

MAJOR EDIT:
ok some things have changed. i am able to access internet explorer and netscape. regedit is blocked too. my taskmanager is still diabled and my clock is stuck on 24 hour time, and shows ??????? instead of the date. limewire is my only p2p and it never runs on start up

Edited by Immediate, 02 June 2006 - 10:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Harry83

Harry83

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:41 PM

atmclk.exe is definitely adware and it is related to spyware falcon and that family of browser hijacks. Here is link to information about that proces amtclk.exe info

It appears you do indeed have a spyware quake hijack, among other things, based upon your symptoms. I suggest posting a HJT log in the "HJT logs and analysis' forum here at BC.

Please read Prep Guide for Posting HJT Logs

Please follow these preparation directions exactly.

Then run HJT and post the log it creates in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, which is found at this link: HJT Forum

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. An expert HJT helper will promptly respond to your post within a few days with instructions on how to fix your computer.

NOTE
Once you have made your post, please do not add any replies to your post (don't bump it). HJT helpers look for posts with 0 replies to determine the proper order to help users.

If you are interested in trying the self-help guide for removing spyware quake, that tutorial can be found at this link: How to Remove Spyware Quake

You also said you are having a problem with Limewire. Just a tip: It's generally a good idea to make sure p2p programs are not running on startup if that is the case. It appears you may have more than one malware infection and there isn't much help we can provide through this forum. Please post a log in the HJT forum and we'll get your computer cleaned up :thumbsup:
--
Harry83
Posted Image
Liberating America From Spyware - 1 Computer at a time...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users