Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should i add an SSD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Crackpot360

Crackpot360

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:28 PM

Would my system boot speed or loading times of any application benefit if i added an ssd to my system , does a fast boot and quick loading times b/w apps only require an ssd, or will my system not take advantage of a good ssd , i am a noob when it comes to this . My system specs are:

i3 4130 3.4 GHz

HD 7770 

1 TB HDD Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm

Asus H81M-K Motherboard

Windows 8.1 64 bit

Overall what i am going to be putting in this SSD is mainly just my OS , i will refer to the ssd optimization guides later on , but for now i guess my question is should i buy one and will this system really be able to handle it (if that even is an issue) , or do these factors (loading times and boot times) mainly depend on a processor , the Hard drive speed ,or just ram , although i know these things also do come into play but will adding an ssd be better for me ?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Crackpot360, 09 August 2014 - 01:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

In Windows 8/8.1 a ssd can make for a quicker start time.

I would suggest staying away from optimization software.  Bleeping Computer does not support the use of registry cleaners or optimization software.  These can cause more bad than good.

Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users