Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Active Scan Reports Rootkit.a!cme-96 Hacker Tools. How Do I Remove It?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Skratch

Skratch

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:55 PM

Hello all,

I am new to the forums so thank you for providing such a great place for people to gather and help one another.

Ok, I ran panda activescan last night and it found this hacking tool rootkit.a!cme-96 in the system32\rdriv.sys file.

I need to know how to get rid of it and how concerned I should be. There is not too much information on the internet about this rootkit.

BTW ~ I ran hijack this and it does not show up in the results for the HJT log? Does this mean it is not active?

Thank you for any help that you can provide,

~ Skratch

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:01 PM

Hi Skratch,

Welcome to BleepingComputer.

Rootkits are bad news. They are designed to be a stealthy as possible and nearly impossible to remove. I recommend following our malware removal post and then posting a HJT log in the HJT forum. The HJT team are very good at removing the bad stuff. One note, just be patient. They are very busy working logs and are all volunteers.

Good luck getting rid of the rootkit. If you have any questions - just ask.

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users