Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gosh Darn Printer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:37 PM

Well I went to print my resume for a new job and when I pressed the power button absolutely nothing happened. Only the light beside basic flashed and that only happens a few times... you have to be quick to see it.

It is an Epson Stylus Photo R300. I don't like epson printers all that much but I liked the feature that I could print directely to cd-r... I called epson and they are charging 10$ for tech support and the guy over there didn't sound all that inteligent and said that e-mail is free. So I e-mailed and they said it would be 150$ to get them to fix it and 10 return shipping... so I decided to try here or else I am just going to buy a new printer instead of getting my old one for 150$ and a 90day waranty when I can get a new one for 75 and a full year waranty...

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips I could try.

Edited by Klinkaroo, 02 June 2006 - 06:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:02 AM

How is it connected to the computer? Serial port or USB?

Try deleting it and reinstalling it, exactly following Epson's installation instructions that came with it.
(If you do not have the users manual and installation software, you should be able to download it from Epson.

You can access drivers and a troubleshooting guide for it here:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support...rview&oid=26322

And Documents and Manuals here:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support...tegory=Products

Edited by Enthusiast, 03 June 2006 - 03:03 AM.

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:06 PM

It's usb...

In the troubleshooting guide it told me to disconnect the printer from the computer and then try turning it on (It can work alone (without a computer)) and that didn't do anything...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users