Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Skype kills Trillian and other 3rd-party IM support

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:05 AM

According to reports, Skype has stopped support for Trillian and other 3rd-party IM's, as of 2014_08_01.  The report stated that last year it was announced by Microsoft last year, Skype is no longer supporting Skypekit and thus it's now time for an official goodbye to third-party apps like Trillian which had native support for Skype.

Although I don't use Skype, or any other IM software, I thought that this might be of interest.  I'm only going by that the report said.  If any other information is available, please confirm this.

Trillian blogged (NOT THE SOURCE OF THE ABOVE, JUST MORE RESEARCH ): "In order to connect to Skype, Trillian relies upon an SDK developed by Skype known as "SkypeKit".  Unfortunately, after Microsoft acquired Skype they made the decision to terminate the SkypeKit program, leaving Trillian in a state of limbo in terms of future updates and ongoing support for Skype connectivity.  We've recently received official confirmation that the SkypeKit program will be winding down at the end of this month, July 2014".

Have a great day!
:bananas: :bounce:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users