Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update caused BSOD - Infinite loop on boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 raj.analytical

raj.analytical

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

Greetings,

Windows 7 Home Premium automatically updated last night and now when the computer gets to the Loading Windows animation, it freezes after about 1 second, then I get a BSOD with a STOP: 0x000007b (0cFFFFF880009A9928, 0xffffffffc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) error - I have 2 Windows 7 partitions on a single hard drive - partition 2 has Windows 7 Home Premium as well, but does not have the update (haven't used that partition in months) - the (non-updated) 2nd partition boots up fine (rules out hardware issue).

So far I tried Windows' auto startup repair both from the partition and from a recovery disk with no luck.  Safe mode gives the same error. Any clues on how to undo the Update via Advanced Startup Repair (the automatic repair isn't working and there are no restore points found, so I'd likely have to do it manually via CMD)?  I've tried Chkdsk /f /r already and it showed 0 bad sectors but displayed  "failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50"

Bottom Line:  Any clue how to fix the startup without reinstalling/formatting?  I'm guessing I'd need to remove the failed patch somehow (Dism.exe?) via Command in the Advanced Repair environment, but I don't know how to.

Computer Specs:

ASUS Bamboo edition laptop (U43F)

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Intel i5

RAM: 6gb DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD/Shared

Edited by raj.analytical, 09 August 2014 - 05:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users