Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 System stopped responding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jinxiang

jinxiang

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

I really wonder what's happening to my PC.

It's been couple of days now.

The system simply just stopped responding totally even the mouse cursor isn't moving at all.. it's like the whole screen is stuck and no BSOD is happening etc..

Can I know what's the cause of this exactly?

Windows corruption going or...

If im playing a clip half-way through it will just crash at the scene clip with a bizarre sound but no BSOD was prompt.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kaizensan

Kaizensan

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Location:Central North Texas, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

What brand of PC is giving you the problem?

.:.

I am having issues with an HP p6-2317c PC which you may have experienced before the system stopped responding. 

The HP is operating poorly with mainly the system.exe taking up memory and processor.  Though virsus and malware scans find and clean the system, the issue remains.  I'm working through guides on BleepingComputer.com.  The main things I wonder if your system showed are:

1)  Opening the CONTROL PANEL causes the Windows Desktop to disappear.  After a time, the desktop returns, yet Control Panel is closed and any Explorer windows are also closed. 

2)  Window Update is unable to install all updates.  Which ones are on a note not here and now trying to open UPDATE causes the system to act as it does when openning the CONTROL PANEL.

3)  For some reason the "Read on Enter" option was set to on in Windows Excel.  To turn this on you must add the command to the Quick Access Bar.  Unfortunatley when submitting after selecting new commands to be added to the Quick Access Bar, only the default icons are left on the bar.  Additonal icons in the Quick Access drop down selection are able to be added but using the More Commands causes the Quick Access Bar to revert back to the default each time.

Sorry I do not know exactly what is happening with your system.  If anything sounds familiar, let me know. 

If it doesn't, try using a mouse and keyboard attached to the system. 

If still no response, are connect a keyboard or mouse that is not a USB if able.  Just incase the motherboard is having issues with USB connections.

Finally, are you able to get into the BIOS screen? 
This is usually done by hitting F1 or ESC or F12 keys.  The correct key to hit depends on your motherboard.  Anyone helping will want to know if you are able to get into the BIOS Settings screen. 

Opps, more. 

What system are you running? 

What version of Windows 8 OS? (8 or 8.1)

Which update was last installed successfully?

Any new software installed within the week before the issue?

I do hope someone is familiar with what is occuring with your system.

Edited by Kaizensan, 08 August 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#3 localhostrulez

localhostrulez

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:03 AM

Open Device Manager - click start and type that (yes, at the start screen), or hit Start+R and type "devmgmt.msc" without quotes.

Under 'system', what does it say right around the time the PC froze? Does it eventually come back (I've seen that from AMD SATA drivers), or do you have to restart?

Also, look at the temperatures in the machine, and tell us what you get. (Hwmonitor is my tool of choice, though Speedfan works as well.)

#4 jinxiang

jinxiang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:23 AM

The system basically just hang on screen at any point of time when im using half way.. it will just freeze there..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users