Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovering data from a hard drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Haleh

Haleh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

Hello to everyone,

After a problem using a software of hard disk partition, the hard disk becomes any more normal; when I tested with “Hd tune” it displays some red squares (but not many) at the end of scan errors; And when I tried to recover my data from the second partition that was deleted (because of wrong using testdisk) using “EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional “ but when it gets to 96% it stops to continue, it never gets to 100% to be able to recover the data, because of the problem of hard disk I think

I request you to help me to recover my data from this partition. Thank you very much in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:10 AM

Welcome, Haleh. I have a number of questions, and some warnings, but first the warnings:

• Do not use your computer if you do not have to, for now. Try to use that belonging to a friend or family, when possible.
  • If you have to use your computer, try not to create new files, and do not install and load applications. This may write new information to the hard drive that will overwrite data that seems lost.

And now the questions:

• What Operating System are you running? For example - Windows 7 only, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS only, Macintosh, or perhaps Windows 7 in one partition and Linux in another, dual boot (side by side)?
  • How large is the hard drive and how large the partitions?
  • I note that you say "second partition that was deleted (because of wrong using testdisk)"  - does that mean you have tried TestDisk from http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk ?
  • "After a problem using a software" - what was the software and what were you trying to do?
  • Do you have access to writable CDs, DVDs, USB sticks (see images)? You may be best to create a "live, bootable(can start the computer)" one featuring software such as your EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional, etc. This will reduce the risk of "write new information to the hard drive that will overwrite data that seems lost." I referred to above.

/home/chris/Desktop/cdIMAGE.png   /home/chris/Desktop/USBIMAGE.png

That will do for now. If you have already solved this problem, or someone else solved it for you, let us know and we can close the topic.

I understand that English may not be your first language.

Good Luck!

#3 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:33 AM

Sorry, those images may not work.

Use Google - CD images and USB stick images

Later

0 user(s) are reading this topic