Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Namaste

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ctec149

ctec149

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

Namaste (I behold the spirit in you)

My name is Tommy

Atlanta, Georgia

Let’s see define myself in a paragraph when it should be an autobiography. Ok let try, I have been out of work for several years now but now I can start my retirement, yeah. My professional career in computer technology began with four years of activity duty in the US Navy in 1971. The US Government was using innovated and state of the art computer technology even at that time. Since then I have continued to work in some capacity in the information technology profession. My jobs have ranged from working in Computer Operations, Networking then finally Senior Security Analyst.  I have worked for government agencies as well as fortune five hundred companies.

My longest stay with any company was IBM for fifteen years. I worked in test and development with IBM initially where the roll out of the first remote two way communications device that allowed IBM computer repairmen in the field to have two-way communications with the dispatch office. The repairmen could receive data on the next service call. Order parts, update and close ticket with IBM clients regarding service repair calls from the palm of his hand. I left IBM just before the year 2K and started consulting.  It has been a great ride for someone without a college degree. Headhunter still contacts me today seeking my interest in assignments with ZOS System Security.

I shared a dual interest with personal computers. I would build PC’s from parts, fix and repair hardware. Install and configure software. I never had to use this skill to earn a living however it was given great consideration prior to leaving IBM. I like to stay on top of PC base systems, software and networking which lead me to this site.

My significant other desired an ecommerce web site to sell her arts and crafts. So we purchased the web design tool and I designed a web site for her, another first for me.  To relax I go for walks twice daily with my two Pomeranians dogs (Monk and Saira). My favorite foods are Chinese and Mexican Cuisine and a love for Snow Crab.

Peace and Blessing

Tommy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users