Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to update java "browserlauncherror 1"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

every time I try to update java on my Windows XP eMachine computer. it always errors out as "browserlauncherror 1" no matter how many times I try to install or update java.

Googling "browserlauncherror 1" resulted in nothing but spam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,083 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

Hi,

Try to remove Java completely using JavaRa, click Update JavaRa Definitions and them click Remove JRE next follow the instructions available here.

Restart the computer and try to install the lasted java using the following link

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users