Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming PC Under $300

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Corey Martin

Corey Martin

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hi, I am new to Bleeping Computer! My name is Corey. I am looking to buy a PC with good gaming. The games I might be playing are BF3,  COD, and Minecraft. I use a laptop as I speak. Here is the specs.

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

Model: HP EliteBook 6930p

RAM: 4096MB (4GB) 3.65 Available

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo vPro inside

GPU: Intel Express Family 

HD: 300GB Toshiba

64-bit Compatible? Yes. (Running)

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit on Partition 1, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on Partition 2

Microsoft Windows Experience Index: 3.4

So I noticed it wasn't on the best hardware. I know HOW to build a PC. 

I made a build online. (I don't have it, but I found it cheap)

AMD A6-5400K Trinity Dual-Core 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 65W Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7540D AD540KOKHJBOX

ECS A75F2-M2(1.0A) FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

4GB 1333MHZ DDR3 Ecc Reg

HEC Vigilance Black 0.5 mm Thickness SGCC MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case with Dual 8cm Fan, 2x USB2.0 and HD Audio LOGISYS Computer PS480X2 480W ATX12V Power Supply Dual Fan w/ Radiation Filter

And I have a Hard Drive (300GB)

So, what can I do to make it better, but under 300$? Thanks, Corey.

Edited by Corey Martin, 08 August 2014 - 02:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

You can't build for $300 unless you already have parts you can use because you need a Windows license that will cost you $100.  You cannot transfer your laptop Windows license to a new machine.

I'd recommend looking for a refurbished AMD machine like this one

#3 Corey Martin

Corey Martin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

Uhh... Athlon X2.... Hmmmmm. I kind of posted a list of parts, which added up to 202.49 + 20 dollars shipping.... Already have a windows license and I don't need a DVD or hard drive.

Edited by Corey Martin, 08 August 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:38 AM

At what level are you wanting to play these games in terms of graphics?  The AMD APU will handle most lower-end games just fine, but don't expect excellent graphic performance with an integrated GPU.  To get decent performance with an APU and games, you should probably consider the A10 APU's.  Even then, I wouldn't try turning the graphics up to high and expect good performance with all games.

Is your license of Windows unused?  Microsoft allows you to install an OEM or full version of Windows on one PC.  The company defines a PC based on the motherboard, so, new motherboard new PC.  This is a licensing issue only, if you have a full, boxed, retail version of Windows, the license allows you to move it to another PC, if you have the OEM, you must buy the OS again due to differences between the licenses.  For more information, go here and scroll down to the "Can a PC with an OEM Windows operating system have its motherboard upgraded and keep the same license? What if it was replaced because it was defective" question.

3939.png

#5 Roblox

Roblox

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:52 AM

Corey i have a (Athlon 4400+ x2) 

I don't like my PC and am still after a better one.

#6 MikeCall57

MikeCall57

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:50 PM

You can't build for $300 unless you already have parts you can use because you need a Windows license that will cost you $100.  You cannot transfer your laptop Windows license to a new machine.

I'd recommend looking for a refurbished AMD machine like this one

I have been searching for this and I found this build. If you use Windows 7 Home Premium instead of Ultimate, then you can get it for about $315. That is about as close as it can get.

Uhh... Athlon X2.... Hmmmmm. I kind of posted a list of parts, which added up to 202.49 + 20 dollars shipping.... Already have a windows license and I don't need a DVD or hard drive.

Since you said that you have a license and a hard drive, that will reduce the price to about $177.

#7 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:16 AM

To play BF3 well, I don't think you can do it for $300 even if you don't need windows or peripherals.

#8 TNF

TNF

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:58 AM

4GB 1333MHZ DDR3 Ecc Reg

I am not the expert here but surely someone else can confirm....

From what I know,  ECC / Registered RAM may not be the best for a gaming PC.

Edited by TNF, 30 October 2014 - 11:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users