Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best laptop cooling pad/ergonomic stand?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Deleted

Deleted

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

Hi, I'm looking for a cooling pad that's also an ergonomic stand for $40 or less. Know of any?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

Most of the cooling pads I have seen for laptops are just flat with a couple of fans running off a usb port. If you want a cooling pad that will do the job google diy laptop cooling pad.

Here is one example but requires a bit of work.

#3 Justa

Justa

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:37 AM

Sams's has two different computer pads (saw they still had them a month ago they were both under $30 but I don't remember the exact amount.

1.  Hard slippery plastic model with 3 speed. fans (3 fans).  Your laptop may fall off if you simply blow on it.  I only use this when I have excessive heat build up and on a firm platform, like a desk or table.  It's hard to beat for heat reduction.  Besides it's stellar heat reduction there are no other plus's.  I only use it on a desk or table where your laptop will not fall off the slippery pad.

2.   Pillow build into bottom of pad.  Extra pad at base of keyboard These are a gem.  My machines run cool so they typically are used almost all the time.

#4 Deleted

Deleted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

Sams's has two different computer pads (saw they still had them a month ago they were both under $30 but I don't remember the exact amount.

1.  Hard slippery plastic model with 3 speed. fans (3 fans).  Your laptop may fall off if you simply blow on it.  I only use this when I have excessive heat build up and on a firm platform, like a desk or table.  It's hard to beat for heat reduction.  Besides it's stellar heat reduction there are no other plus's.  I only use it on a desk or table where your laptop will not fall off the slippery pad.

2.   Pillow build into bottom of pad.  Extra pad at base of keyboard These are a gem.  My machines run cool so they typically are used almost all the time.

What is "sams's"?

#5 PanickyD

PanickyD

• Members
  • 343 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

I've used this type of cooler before, and it works great. Adds a nice tilt and best of all, the fans can be placed exactly where they need to be for any model laptop. Also has a pass-through USB plug so you don't loose a port. And only $18 after rebate!!

After the game, the King and the Pawn go into the same box...

#6 Deleted

Deleted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

Sorry, I was going to add the dimensions of my laptop but can't edit my post. Please add this if you are a mod.

Dimensions are:

Width: 38 cm

Depth: 27.2 cm

#7 Deleted

Deleted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

I've used this type of cooler before, and it works great. Adds a nice tilt and best of all, the fans can be placed exactly where they need to be for any model laptop. Also has a pass-through USB plug so you don't loose a port. And only $18 after rebate!!

Does your laptop slide off of it?

#8 PanickyD

PanickyD

• Members
  • 343 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:07 AM

Nope. It has all four rubber feet though. If your laptop is missing any of its feet, it will likely slide of of any angled stand. If so, just get some rubber feet from the hardware store.

After the game, the King and the Pawn go into the same box...

#9 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:38 AM

try this I have 1 they are great.

Notebook Laptop Cooling Pad Cooler Fan Stand w/ USB Hub

Edited by NickAu1, 10 August 2014 - 04:38 AM.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#10 Deleted

Deleted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

Nope. It has all four rubber feet though. If your laptop is missing any of its feet, it will likely slide of of any angled stand. If so, just get some rubber feet from the hardware store.

Sorry just one more question, why is the price so much higher on amazon?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users