Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

run a file, when remote computer become unvailable

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ShahabMG

ShahabMG

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

Hello masters. I'm newbie and have an urgent question
We have a SQL server in our remote office that stores accounting software databases.
I'd like to run a bat file (or an application), when the server is unavailable for a while.
for example, In case of the server ping timed out for 3 minutes, the warning message displayed on the clients desktop. Or when the server returns to the network, sync operation runs automatically.
In my researches, I found that some network monitoring tools do this job, based on ping of server. ie they can monitor a set of IPs and launch/close an application when the ping status changes. But I couldn't find any suitable solution.
Would you please help me to find a solution? any comment will appreciated :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,932 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

Hi,

You should provide more details on what you need the program to do for a better response...

- Something simple EasyNetMonitor

- Something powerful that needs a dedicated machine OpManager the free version is limited to monitor 10 devices.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 ShahabMG

ShahabMG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

Hi,

You should provide more details on what you need the program to do for a better response...

- Something simple EasyNetMonitor

- Something powerful that needs a dedicated machine OpManager the free version is limited to monitor 10 devices.

Thanks for response

I dont need complicated operations. I only need to run a .bat or .exe file when server is not available.an application like EasyNetMonitor is enough for me. but i need to run a file instead of playing sound. do you have any suggestion? thanks again dear friend

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,932 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

Do you want to do it from the server itself or from another machine?

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.

___
Rui

#5 ShahabMG

ShahabMG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

Do you want to do it from the server itself or from another machine?

I want to do it from a client,

for example, if server in remote office is down, a bat file runs in a client desktop and lock his machine.

#6 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

I would suggest your approach is reactive instead of proactive.  You should be addressing the reasons for the disconnects.  You should also consider local sql servers doing two way replication with the master server which would allow sql to sync the data after the connection had been restored will still allowing input/output at the local level.

#7 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,932 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:28 AM

Hi,

I don't know your exact scenario but Wand3r3r suggestions are something to take into consideration...

Another possibility EMCO Ping Monitor there is a free edition.

___
Rui

#8 ShahabMG

ShahabMG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:57 AM

Another possibility EMCO Ping Monitor there is a free edition.

Thanks a lot dear friend. this software solved my problem.

appreciate for any comment  :x :*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users