Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard replacement

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 marshall55

marshall55

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

Hi guys,

Hope this is the right section to ask in. Can anyone help me with a problem?

I've been using the same Acer Aspire 5750 for three years now and I've always HATED the keyboard on it. The keys aren't very sensitive and I type so lightly that I'm constantly accidentally missing out letters. It becomes infuriating after a while as I'm constantly correcting errors.

I've decided enough is enough (3 years later and I'm still not used to it) and I want to replace the keys. Can I buy a different set of keys and put them directly onto the existing keyboard or do I have to buy a completely new keyboard? If so, how do I know it will be compatible with my laptop?

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,990 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

If you purchase a USB keyboard or wireless keyboard your computer should have no problem recognizing it. Especially

standard, name brand ones such Microsoft, Logitech, etc. You don't have a PS2 jack so those won't work.

I won't suggest one because you are concerned about the 'touch typing' and for that you should check the comments

at sites like Amazon, Newegg, etc.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

As for replacing the keyboard for a more sensitive touch type would be a question posed directly to Acer for an answer. In the meantime, if you don't mind using an external keyboard, a small profile wireless would be your best option. To find out if it meets your requirements for a sensitive touch type, you'll have to go to the retail stores and actually try them and see what feels best to you. 

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboards

http://www.staples.com/Siig-JK-US0612-S1-USB-Compact-Low-Profile-Multimedia-Keyboard/product_IM1PR5716

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users