Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

usb internet connected, no internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rcastro

rcastro

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:35 AM

I have Windows 7 and tried to install a Bolse wireless usb adapter.  I followed all of the directions, (inserted usb, installed software, restarted my computer) and the computer shows that it is hooked to my wireless network, but the internet does not work.  Any solution would really help.  Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

From bitter personal experience with a reluctant USB adapter I learnt that the install sequence is critical !  I would be inclined to uninstall all the associated drivers and re-install it with the install guide held in the other hand. You should also go to the maker's web-site and make sure you have the Win 7 drivers, I have known 'Windows 7 ready' dongles to ship without the Win 7 drivers, although that should not be a problem by this time.

When you had the adapter installed, did you put in the router security code when you first tried to connect ?  If you use WPA2, or even WEP, security (and you should) you need to enter the access code before the adapter will talk to the router. If you didn't, click on the wedge shaped signal strength meter at the right hand end of your task bar, then click on the entry for your router in the list of available connections.. If the box that pops up says 'Connect' you are not connected. Click the little box that says 'Connect automatically' then click on 'Connect'. It will now ask you for the security code, with a box for you to enter it in.

If you are in fact connected to the router - the box will say 'Disconnect?' instead of 'Connect' - then try re-booting the router. Switch it off, wait a mininum of 30 seconds, and switch it on again. This solves a lot of connection problems !

If this doesn't get you back on-line, post back with the make and model of both your adapter and router.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users