Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

im having issues with my pc

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ralph4

ralph4

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

hey guys it looks like i have another problem with my pc. ok here's what going on the software i can't get software like malware bytes antimalware to update and the same thing is going on with vipre internet security. and i do have some idea to what caused it.basically i came home from work and i found my computer unplugged after i plugged it back in that's when i started running into the software issues.

and if this helps im seeing this pop up in firefox.

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to mail.live.com. The OCSP response contains out-of-date information. (Error code: sec_error_ocsp_old_response)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

i know this is'nt due to any kind of infection but what i do know is that is more than likely a system problem or a software problem.

i did fix the firefox problem temporarily fixed the firefox problem by unchecking both boxs for the validation. 

Edited by ralph4, 07 August 2014 - 11:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:27 PM

basically i came home from work and i found my computer unplugged after i plugged it back in that's when i started running into the software issues.

Do you suspect that it was unplugged without improper shutdown or something else? Do you see the problem in safemode with networking? Seems more of an internet connection issue at this point. Can you surf by a different browser? See this Firefox article on Secure Connection errors.

Tekken

#3 ralph4

ralph4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

the pc was completely shutdown and it was'nt even turned on when i left for work that day because i watched it turn off and the only thing on it that runs is the power supply when it's turned off.

now what it also was it brought a security box and said something about certificate revocation and it gave me three options and i think and it asked the question do you want to proceed. the options were yes,no and view certificate i think is what it. i think this is more of a system software problem.

because it seemed like my computer was just having a total brain fart.i would replicate this problem again but it seems to have stopped doing it for now.

if there is anything that be done about this i'd like to start doing things like finding out what the pc doing when it starts doing this stuff to me because i want mainly figure out whats causing and just mainly get my pc to stop doing it when it does happen again.

because i know for a fact that this is'nt due to a network issue. so i know for a fact that it's more than like software related on my pc which does'nt have anything to do with infections.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:42 AM

You can generate and view the detailed report by Event Viewer pertaining to the Certificate revoke complaint. A reboot sometimes fixes the problem as this happens usually on aborted or retry connection to website servers. It could be a browser or Java issue when it comes to certificate message. See the links below if one of them is your case.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2011/04/07/enabling-certificate-revocation-check-failure-warnings-in-internet-explorer.aspx

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/revocation_options.xml

Tekken

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

Another possible cause of this problem, especially in view of the 'out of date' message the OP mentions is a dead or dying CMOS battery. A very widely used type is the CR2032 which is normally very easy to change, and fairly cheap. Just make sure the new one goes in with the correct polarity.

If your computer is a desktop, if you take the side panel off you should be able to see it - a round, flat silver thing about the size of your thumb nail. If it is a laptop, then go onto YouTube and search for MAKE and MODEL of your computer and CMOS BATTERY. You are almost certain to find a video showing you how to do it.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 ralph4

ralph4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:19 PM

You can generate and view the detailed report by Event Viewer pertaining to the Certificate revoke complaint. A reboot sometimes fixes the problem as this happens usually on aborted or retry connection to website servers. It could be a browser or Java issue when it comes to certificate message. See the links below if one of them is your case.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2011/04/07/enabling-certificate-revocation-check-failure-warnings-in-internet-explorer.aspx

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/revocation_options.xml

the first link i can go to but the java link i can't go to.

i can understand what your saying on this.is there any software that can record the event viewer events or is there anyway i can generate  this for you guys because I'd to figure out what my PC is doing when it starts doing this stuff to me again.

anyway though I'll be honest with you as much as i like this old computer im probably gonna replace it soon and just go on to windows 7 because don't get me wrong windows xp is a great operating system but windows xp is just to slow and the only reason why I'd replace it is because it's a power edge 1800 server and because of that it uses up a lot of power.

I'll honest about this server as old as it is i can say this about it seeing as it runs on 2 gigs of ram. I'd say this server is even lucky enough to boot up and run windows xp and if it didn't have that 2 gigs of ram in it well lets just say it wouldn't get very far on 256 MB of ram.

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

If you decide to replace and upgrade to Windows 7 and still want Windows XP, you can install a Windows 7 Professional edition and use the Windows XP mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows7/products/features/windows-xp-mode

Tekken

#8 ralph4

ralph4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

If you decide to replace and upgrade to Windows 7 and still want Windows XP, you can install a Windows 7 Professional edition and use the Windows XP mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows7/products/features/windows-xp-mode

theres only one problem with this pc and why it can't be upgraded it's hardware is to old and slow and plus im willing to bet if put windows 7 32 bit on there this pc would probably crash just trying to boot up windows 7 and it would more than likely do the same with vista to.

Edited by ralph4, 10 August 2014 - 08:31 AM.

#9 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

I never noticed it was a Desktop server, sorry for that. A new desktop is definitely the only solution to your problem.

Tekken

#10 ralph4

ralph4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:01 PM

I never noticed it was a Desktop server, sorry for that. A new desktop is definitely the only solution to your problem.

yeah i got a replacement pc in mind really. i know dells are'nt going to be popular options to pick from but to be honest with you im only gonna use it for basic use really and here's a link to what i plan to buy. http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-3647-small-desktop/pd?oc=fdcwst302&model_id=inspiron-3647-small-desktop

i know it uses windows 8.1 but im willing to give 8.1 a try and plus i don't plan to just use that OS on that pc. I'll more than likely make a partition for Linux ubuntu on the windows 8.1 system. i'll still have windows 8.1 on my system but the main reason why i'd do something like that is because if i don't like windows 8.1 i could just use Linux instead of buying windows 7 just to downgrade the OS.

#11 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

Our only path is to adapt and learn to newer Windows edition and surely unlimited time is on our side. :thumbup2:

Tekken

#12 jamesb0123

jamesb0123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:21 AM

Try checking the date on your computer.  I was having the same issue and then realized I changed my computer date on yesterday by accident, while looking at the calendar.  Once I changed it back everything was fine.

Edited by jamesb0123, 23 February 2015 - 10:23 AM.

#13 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:24 AM

Try checking the date on your computer.  I was having the same issue and then realized I changed my computer date on yesterday by accident, while looking at the calendar.  Once I changed it back everything was fine.

Why are you replying to a post nearly six months old, jamesb0123?

Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users