Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browsing files on my cellphone with Lubuntu

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 python72

python72

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

I am trying to browse files and copy them to my Lubuntu laptop.

I have tried via Bluetooth and I can pair the phone and push files both way via sharing icon but I am not able to actually browse files located on my cellphone. In Bluetooth Manager I can see the phone paired but the "Browse device" is grayed out and can not be accessed.

When USB cable is connected I don't see the phone under Devices/USB.

Do I need to install something to accomplish the browsing either via USB or Bluetooth?

I can browse these files on Windows laptop without any issue by the way.

Edited by python72, 07 August 2014 - 10:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:04 AM

Type of Phone please.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#3 python72

python72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:12 AM

Samsung Note 2 SGH-1317M

Android version 4.4.2

#4 K6567

K6567

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

AirDroid. While you really don't need any software to manage your Android files under Ubuntu (just turn on mass storage mode), this one is pretty nice.

It manages your Android device through your web browser. Download from Google Playstore. Here's a how to use wiki: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-the-AirDroid-App-on-Android

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users