Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not connect to network hardline or update drivers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 callanlandry

callanlandry

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

Hi my name is callan. My network adapter is showing device status: this device cannot start (code 10) when in BIOS the smart lan can see a connection and the lights on the back of the pc is green but as soon as I start windows the green light goes off. I have tried to update my drivers for my network adapter [realtek RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)] but have been unable to do so. I have been using a jump drive and another computer (MAC OS X)to get files from internet to my pc. I have tried realtek website but the download is a automatic program that needs to be connected to the internet to work properly. I have also tried  many other websites but same type of automatic program that needs to be connected to the internet. My OS is Vista 64bit.

Thank you in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

Go here. It is the realtek site. Click on the HK1 box. You have to allow popups. Wait awhile and the driver should download. If it does not let me know and I will upload it to Dropbox so you can download it from there.

Vista and Server 2008 Auto Installation Program (SID:1669851)
106.4 2014/7/25 5939k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users