Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Long Delay To Wake From Sleep Mode

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zcar

Zcar

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

Windows 8.1 64-bit running on a Samsung 830 series SSD in a home built system.  I have the start menu pared down to just 3 items and it takes just 30 seconds from a cold boot to the desktop (that includes a lock screen picture and typing in a password). Disabling the lock screen picture and password would probably get me to the desktop in about 15 seconds.  However, waking the computer from sleep mode takes 30-40 seconds to reach operational status with no password required.  I have 16GB of Crucial ram installed and the whole system runs normally,  I have another computer also running Windows 8.1 that will wake from sleep mode to desktop in about 4 seconds.  Any thoughts or ideas on what might be causing the delay or suggestions on speeding it up?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users