Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different email address or get a n

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:09 AM

I cannot log-in to Microsoft. every time I try, I get a "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different email address or get a new account"

I know the email is associated wit Microsoft because that email receives emails from MS Forums & Answers board on topics I follow.

if I log in with my old email account it always gives  "That password is incorrect. Be sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account." and I only use a variation of one password for everything on the net so I know its right! my old email account domain no longer exists and it won't send recovery to my new saying the same error as above.

If I create a new account using my current email, it says "an account with the email already exists" contradicting the first error message

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

*bump*

#3 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

nobody? seriously? >:(

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

How are you accessing email for the supposedly non-existent Microsoft account? Do you have it set up in Outlook, Windows Live Mail, on your phone, through the browser?

#5 x64

x64

• Members
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:31 AM

Could it be that the email address that you are asking about is in fact an additional address added to an account whose primary address is something else??

#6 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

nope, I tried both. none work

#7 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

Send the e-mail in question, a test e-mail and see if it get's bounced back.  If it gets delivered OK (no bounce back messages), then MAYBE:

1.  Make sure that the case is correct.  Maybe you're caps lock is on, or was on when you entered the password.

2.  A fat finger situation?  Maybe pressing another key by accident?  That's happened to me.

3.  Maybe your keyboard is having issues.  Try it from another computer.

Best of luck/have a nice day!

:bananas: :bounce:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users