Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Computer controlling itself

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kupperti

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

About a month ago I started having issues mainly while playing games where my character would move / type in the exact same way that i have done previously. Originally i thought i had downloaded an addon for the specific game which was giving me a bot. But, as time went on i noticed it was happening in other games i was playing as well - and the EXACT typing had occurred (and no - it wasn't an attempt to bot).
I've read many forums about this, it seems fairly common - but none have listed a solution. 

I've tried scanning my computer for viruses / malware (which was my first initial thought) and found nothing. I use both a wired mouse and keyboard - both do have set macros (but I've gone in and checked that everything was in place). I know of programs / usb controlled devices which can be used to control someone else's computer but this is definitely not the case. My keyboard is about 6 months old and a good brand and i doubt its typing to me the same thing constantly. so no, its not a faulty keyboard either :P

if this information helps - it originally started while playing WoW; moving in the way my character moved and types two different phrases. It only seems to occur while I have WoW open, but will effect any game i'm playing.

If anyone knows of a solution / has had this problem before i'd really like some help. It's a pain to sit back and watch my computer do whatever it wants for a good 30-40 seconds. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

• 54,989 posts
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

Try a different keyboard.  Keyboards go awry all the time because of crumbs, spilled drinks, etc.  And try the keyboard on a different system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users