Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Disable Prompt that Appears After Logging in Computer after Powering On

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Evenodd

Evenodd

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:20 AM

This prompt always pops up after I log in after I power on my computer. It doesn't look harmful; I've yet to see any problems while I use my computer after I click yes.

What is it about? How do I stop it from popping up every single time? It's not much of a bother to click yes all the time..., and It just peaked curiosity.

10rpmkg.jpg

Edited by Evenodd, 07 August 2014 - 02:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:57 AM

Go here... http://www.file.net/process/fwupdate.exe.html .

It's an update program for the firmware in your DVD burner. The link tells you where it should be located so you can remove it if you want.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:20 AM

Probably the safest way to stop the fwupdate.exe from running at startup is to use AutoRuns for Windows.

You can safely disable the updater from starting. Simply uncheck the box next to the item.

It is part of LG Toolkit. LG Toolkit may be seen in the Add/ Remove program listing. Some have simply uninstalled

LG Toolkit without undesirable consequences. I think I would go with disabling it using AutoRuns.

You may have a CD ROM/ BlueRay player with a different brand name than LG but was actually manufactured by LG.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 Evenodd

Evenodd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

How do you disable it with AutoRuns? 

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,264 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

Have you found an entry for fwupdate.exe or LG Toolkit? If so, simply uncheck the box to the immediate left of the entry.

To speed up your search for the entry, Autoruns' Hide Signed Microsoft Entries option helps you to zoom in on third-party auto-starting images that have been added to your system and it has support for looking at the auto-starting images configured for other accounts configured on a system.

Just click on the options button at the top and choose Hide Signed Microsoft Entries.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 Evenodd

Evenodd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

thanks.

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,264 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

I take it that you were able to disable it. You're welcome...happy surfin'!

#8 Evenodd

Evenodd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:28 AM

yup :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users