Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Online games (specifically dota2) lag a ton, despite having really fast internet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bradmill00

bradmill00

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

This has been an issue for a while now. Download speeds push 10mb/s sometimes, yet games like dota2 have massive ping spikes. I don't think download speed and game ping are super related, but still I have damned good internet I don't think this should be an issue. I run it off wifi currently, and am going to try plugging into ethernet once I get it turned back on in a day or two but I'm pretty sure I've tried that and the problem persists. Game runs totally smooth for like 5 seconds and then will spike for 2-5 seconds ranging from a bit of framerate loss to totally freezing the game for a few seconds on my end. If you type -ping in dota2 it shows your ping and mine is always below 50, but I do know that the way dota tests your ping isn't that accurate and probably won't account for a spike lasting less than a second or so. I don't really think it's my computer cause I brought it over to a friends recently and everything worked great, prompting me to figure this out at my own house cause it was infinitely better to play on smooth connection.

I'm kinda new to internet fixing so if you tell me to do something please be real specific with what I need to do. Without further adue here's the speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/tmxEKyXdWUp8tEhzdTIr7iI

My mmr is in your hands fellow nerds!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users