Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD: PNF_LIST_CORRUPT; Is it caused by malware?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pnflistcorruptsad

pnflistcorruptsad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

Recently, the computer would BSOD on startup and restart too quickly for me to see any information. After the computer restarts, it would notify me the computer had some problem and I would have two choices. I could either try "startup repair" or "start windows normally." I've done startup repair twice, and it always restores me to the point before I installed a recent program update for AVG 2014. I've reinstalled the AVG update twice, also. When I decided to not try startup repair, my computer had a BSOD with PNF_LIST_CORRUPT as the description. Searching online about PNF_LIST_CORRUPT points to drivers as the main culprit, but I don't think it's AVG, since my laptop seems to be fine with the update. The only other things I've updated recently were my Nvidia drivers to the most recent 340.52 drivers and CCleaner. I've ran Malwarebytes and AVG, but both come up with nothing. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit. I feel like I should post my .dmp file, but i'm unsure of how to post it.

Edit: Forgot to mention that after the last BSOD mentioned previously in the post, the computer would usually end up with a PNF_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD. The BSOD occurs immediately if I "start windows normally," but restarts too quickly for me to see anything. If I choose "startup repair," I would get a screen showing a large white bar that says loading and ends up with a PNF_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD once the load is finished. Safe Mode also ends up with a BSOD with a quick restart, after the list of drivers loaded. After a while of trying to get into Windows, my power button stopped working. I thought it was my PSU, but the power button started working today.

Edited by pnflistcorruptsad, 05 August 2014 - 11:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users