Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Satellite L555 has feedback problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dwmarland

dwmarland

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

Has anyone come across a problem with toshiba laptops with extremely loud and annoying feedback sound coming from the speakers when nothing is attached to either the mic-in or line out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

Here's a excerpt from an identical problem fix on an Acer laptop.

"I solved the problem by going to Control Panel, under Hardware and Sounds I clicked on Manage Audio Devices, selected Recording from the Sound Menu, clicked on Properties, and selected Levels (general, levels, enchancements, advanced tabs). On the Level Screen it says Microphone and Microphone Boost (+20 dB). I slid the ruler over to 0 on the Microphone Boost ruler. Problem solved!"

I hope this helps.

#3 dwmarland

dwmarland
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:34 AM

As a temp fix I simply connected a mic-in and line out jacks.  However, I don't want to carry that crap on the road.  I'm giving your recommendation a try and so far so good.  Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users