Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Ie6 Prob

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 milzee

milzee

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:09 PM

I Have Had Office 2003 Professional Edition Installed On Our Computer For A While Now, And When I Was Cleaning Out The Computer i removed The Previous "Office XP Professonial With Frontpage". But Now Everytime I Load A Internet Explorer Window, Windows Installer Shows Up Three Times Showing Something For Microsoft Office Professional 2003. It says it is "configuring". How can i fix this so it doesnt show up?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:46 PM

I would suggest re-installing Office 2003 if you have the software to do it. The uninstall process went a little off center and did not remove all of the program material. After that go to http://www.nirsoft.net and download MyUninstaller install it and then try uninstalling the Office 2003. If this does not work you probably will have to live with Office 2003 on your computer or have the registry edited. Do not edit the registry yourself unless you know what you are doing.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:29 PM

If you are using Word as the dictionary in Outlook you might want to change the settings.

It may be prompting for the reinstall when it can't find the dictionary you set it for.

Edited by Enthusiast, 02 June 2006 - 10:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users