Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

just found SysInspector by Eset....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kylejw1990

kylejw1990

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

I am still playing with it as i found it last night but why is it not used more? what does a DDS log have/show that makes it preferable over something like this? 

while the GUI is nice, i am actually just happy with the information as well as the filtering options..

I have been digging through my laptops information and i see some stuff that needs cleaning out for example:

"Command Line" = "c:\program files\pastaleads\scheduledtask.exe" ( 5: Unknown ) ; 
"c:\Windows\System32\Tasks\PastaQuotes

I am just asking for your opinions on SysInspector!! thanks 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,744 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

ESET SysInspector is an analytical and diagnostic tool for Windows NT based systems from ESET, the developer of NOD32 Antivirus. The tool can be used to examine and investigate suspicious system behavior often caused by a malware infection as well as for troubleshooting a variety of issues. It looks at the OS and captures details such as running processes, services, registry entries, drivers, system information and network connections. SysInspector inspects the computer and generates a detailed report (usually quite large) assigning each entry a color-coded risk level. The report can be uploaded for an expert to diagnose. The "Compare Logs" functionality allows you to keep track of system modifications simplifying the process of identifying potential problems.

SysInspector has been around for several years. While anyone can use it, the tool was really intended for ESET users to generate a log (which can be very large) and submit it to ESET Customer Care of post in the ESET Forums for analysis.

How do I create a SysInspector log and submit it to ESET Customer Care for analysis?
ESET SysInspector System Requirements and download (32-bit, 64-bit)
ESET SysInspector FAQs
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users