Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

So...what should I do?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 missyk1980

missyk1980

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:34 AM

I have a HP TouchSmart ALL-In-One desktop for my home...McAfee just expired. I have NO clue what to do next. Budget is a bit poor right now, so taking it back to staples for them to add AVAST to it seems out of the question.( At least from what the told me over the phone, it was very expensive.) I have general basic knowledge (well somewhat I like to think) but would love some recommendations. Do I need to PAY for protection? Is FREE just as good but hard to install? Do I need more than one? Help!!! LOL..yes I feel like a distressed female in a somewhat B Horror movie at the moment...and I joke when I get nervous...so,,ummm...yeah. Help please!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

You should read quietman7's posts here:

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,754 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

...Budget is a bit poor right now, so taking it back to staples for them to add AVAST to it seems out of the question.( At least from what the told me over the phone, it was very expensive.)

The folks at Staples were not honest or provided incorrect information.

avast! Free Antivirus
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users