Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen On Startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DonnaRae

DonnaRae

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:09 AM

Hello,

When I start my computer it goes to the windows start up screen and jumps back and forth before a screen will come up. It gives me the option of starting up in safe mode but when I start in safe mode, it acts likes it is trying to start but then it goes right back to the same startup screen for safe mode. If you leave the computer alone it takes 3 or 4 hours but it will eventually go to the desktop. Then when I try to go online or do any type of other work, the screen will go blank and start this process all over again. I have tried the system restore, none of the highlighted dates will work. I have tried last known good configuration, nothing. I have also tried booting up from a restore cd, it won't boot up from the cd and goes straight back to the startup screen. Anybody out there with any suggestions as to what may be wrong, I would greatly appreciate the help. Any information that I have not included that you may need, please let me know. The last thing I did was try to install a Belkin wireless router. Not sure if this is what the problem is or not, I've already uninstalled the router.

Thanks very much,
Donna

Edited by DonnaRae, 02 June 2006 - 02:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:33 PM

If you want to use the Restore disk you need to go into bios and change the boot order so the CD is first.

You may have uninstalled the router, but did you delete the conection you created when you installed it?

Edited by Enthusiast, 02 June 2006 - 10:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users