Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Freezes/Jitters when loading websites/downloading

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 petru

petru

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

Hey Guys, 

I've got a really annoying issue. I don't know if anyone has experienced this before at all but I'm taking a long shot here by asking. 

Here's the issue, 
I generally put my PC to sleep at night, And after a few nights of doing this My PC seems to jitter when using Downloading or Uploading. 
Basically any network activity will cause everything to start freezing up, and I would need to physically reboot to fix it. 

I Believe it is because of the CPU cache, I was just wondering if anyone knows how to clear the Processor cache without rebooting?
Or if it's even possible.

The best way to describe what I'm experiencing is like this...
Id be listening to music, i load a page while listening to music and the music would start to crackle and jitter as if its freezing and unfreezing constantly, and then stops when the page is loaded. 
Or I'd be watching a movie and I'd get an email, the movie would freeze for a millisecond and then resume. 
I've also noticed that when I load a webpage the mouse seems to be a little unresponsive too. until it's fully loaded, Which is what gave me the idea that the issue is probably the CPU cache considering it all works well once I reboot. 

But if anyone thinks otherwise, please share. 

My main specs are 

MB/ P9X79-LE
CPU/ Intel I7 3820 - Stock Clock
64GB G.Skill Trident-X 2400Mhz Ram
256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
ASUS GTX670
ASUS AC68 1900AC Wireless PCI Card

Thanks Guys

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users