Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netbook doesn't Power Up


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 josh@bcn

josh@bcn

  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:32 AM

Hi all, 

This is what happened. The other day my computer just went off. I have noticed that these past few days it just went off on its own so I thought maybe there was a cord problem and the battery just went dead. It did survive functioning till the other day. It went dead, screen went blank and it doesn't turning on. I've read some forums about it but with no success. I did the power draining, took off the battery, disconnected the power cord, press the power button for a minute connected back the cord and finally put back the battery, but still no joy. I also removed the RAM stick and cleaned it. Did the same power draining again but still no joy. Although, it made some improvement like it turned on for like 2 seconds max? and it went dead again. No LED lights, fan is functioning and believe me, I am going crazy but I trust people here that's why I am asking for your help before I bring it to a technician. Please help me. Thank you very much guys.



BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

  • Members
  • 775 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:13 AM

1. Examine the input power jack. If loose/broken, that's where the problem starts... loose input power doesn't work and won't recharge the battery, and forces the lappy to drain the battery to stay energized. If you have a spare battery, see if that works. If so, then the AC converter has failed or the input jack has failed.

 

2. If the lappy hasn't been cleaned in a while, then dust builds up causing overheating. If dust bunnies have blocked the circulation to the CPU, then the lappy will shut down very quickly.

 

So, check those things out, and hope that cleaning does the trick, because if the CPU got fried, then you're probably looking at major expense. Let us know.



#3 josh@bcn

josh@bcn
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:29 AM

Hi, the cable is fine. I have also tried cleaning the RAM stick hoping to get some luck. Performed the power draining as well but still not working. Any other advise? :/



#4 ElfBane

ElfBane

  • Members
  • 775 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:41 AM

Then I suspect the MB/CPU. If that is indeed the case, that will be expensive. Now you will need to decide whether to put the money towards repairing the old, or buying the new.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users