RKill is an easy to use tool that kills known processes and removes Windows Registry entries that stop a user from using their normal security applications. These settings will remain until the computer is rebooted, for this reason you must run the security application before the computer is rebooted.
Please download RKill
and install it.
When RKill is run it will display a console screen similar to the one below:
When RKill has finished running a log will be displayed showing all of the processes that were terminated by RKill.
Attention: At this time you need to run your security applications.
While RKill is running you may see a message from the malware stating that the program could not be run because it is a virus or is infected. This is the malware trying to protect itself. Two methods that you can try to get past this and allow RKill to run are:
1) Rename Rkill so that it has a .com extension.
2) Download a version that is already renamed as files that are commonly white-listed by malware. The main Rkill download page
contains individual links to renamed versions.
After the application has run successfully you should reboot the computer to restore the processes and Windows Registry entries.
Please run the ESET OnlineScan
- Click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- The ESET Online Scanner page will open, click on Yes, I agree to the trems of use, then click on Start, the scan will now begine.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
- Click Advanced settings and select the following:
- Scan potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, click List Threats
- Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Click the Back button.
- Click the Finish button.
1) Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.
2) Malwarebytes will automatically open. If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.
Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.
If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below. Click on Scan
You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.
3) The scan will automatically run now.
4) When the scan is complete the results will be displayed. Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions
5) To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes
6) Please post the Malwarebytes log.
To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe
and save it to your desktop.
To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop. When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items. Copy and paste this in your next post.